The 2024 Met Gala is a wrap, but let’s be real, it was missing some major players this time around. Like, where was Blake Lively, the ultimate Met Gala royalty? She and Ryan Reynolds ghosted the event for the second year straight, and fans are totally bummed about it.

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds ended up skipping their second Met Gala in a row. Instead of hitting the town for the “Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion” themed bash, Blake and Ryan opted for a cozy night in with their four kiddos. Family time over fancy parties—it’s hard to argue with that!
Lively sparked hope she could attend the Met Gala when she went to a Tiffany & Co. event in New York last week. Ultimately, she let that be her big fashion moment for early May.

Blake Lively has quite the Met Gala history, even poking fun at herself for perfectly coordinating with the carpet in previous years. Her last Met Gala appearance was in 2022, where she not only attended, but also co-chaired the event. Embracing the “Gilded Glamour” theme, she stunned in an Atelier Versace gown paired with her signature Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and a tiara.
What sets Lively apart is that she styles herself, even for major events like the Met Gala. She explained that she enjoys the creativity and control it offers.

Fans were eagerly anticipating Blake Lively’s return to the 2024 Met Gala, hoping for her signature style and charisma to grace the event once again. However, when she didn’t make an appearance, disappointment swept through social media. “Blake Lively, where are you?” one fan questioned, echoing the sentiments of many who were eagerly awaiting her presence.
Another fan expressed their disappointment, saying, “pretending to not care Blake Lively isn’t there to save the night #MetGala.” It’s clear that Lively’s absence left a noticeable void for many attendees and followers of the event, underscoring her significant impact and presence at the Met Gala over the years.
Check out Blake’s top Met Gala looks of all time!
Brad Pitt Finds New Love After Heartbreaking Divorce At 60, And You Might Recognize Her
At one point in time, Brad Pitt might well have been considered the most eligible bachelor on Earth. But no more.
Fans have known for some time now about his romance with Ines de Ramon; the pair are said to have planned to celebrated his milestone 60th birthday with a low-key week.
According to PEOPLE, Pitt wasn’t of a mind to go overboard with the celebrations after ushering in his sixth decade on Monday. It surely says quite a bit about his commitment to De Ramon, then, that he wanted to spend his time with her.
Last month, a source is said to have spoken to PEOPLE and described De Ramon, ex-wife of actor Paul Wesley, as “Brad’s first proper relationship since the divorce” from Angelina Jolie.
Indeed, the Troy star is said to have started introducing the 32-year-old as his girlfriend.
“He introduces [Ines] as his girlfriend,” an insider PEOPLE. “It’s great to see him in a good place. Ines makes him very happy.”
It’s been a rocky road back to happiness for Pitt, whose marriage to Angelina Jolie ended in a tumultuous separation, the wounds of which still don’t appear to have fully healed.
Famously dubbed ‘Brangelina’ in the media, the A-listers fell in love on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, embarking on a romance that stole headlines all over the world.
In 2016, however, Jolie filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. She also moved to request sole custody of the pairs six children, Maddox, Pax, Shiloh, Zahara, Vivienne and Knox.
On January 21, 2021, Angelina Jolie emailed Brad Pitt, an email which has since then made public. In the email, she mentions that she writes “with a heavy heart” to inform Pitt of her decision to sell Miraval, “a business that is centered around alcohol.” This is perhaps a reference to the now infamous plane event where an intoxicated Pitt “choked” one of their children and then “struck another in the face” before he poured alcohol on her and the kids.
As recently as October did Brad find his name in the headlines for a less than savory reason, after an old Instagram story surfaced wherein his adopted son Pax had labeled him a “f****ing awful human being”.
Pax, who was 16 at the time, expressed his displeasure with his father and warned him “the truth will come to light someday.”
“You time and time and again prove yourself to be a terrible and despicable person,” Pax wrote over an image of his father accepting the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
“You have no consideration or empathy toward your four youngest children who tremble in fear when in your presence.
“You will never understand the damage you have done to my family because you’re incapable of doing so.
Leave a Reply